Today is the first installation in a new summer series on trends in Senior Photography. I've been in business for 13 years now, so this years Seniors were in Kindergarten when I started making Senior Pictures. During that time, some things have stayed the same, but a lot has changed. Most Seniors are getting their Senior Pictures done this month so each week we will look at a different current trend and give you some tips on how to make the most of your Senior Experience!
Today's blog is about Cap & Gown pictures. Over the years, these haven't changed much - until now! This year's Cap & Gown pictures are fun and full of variety! For most of my career the Seniors didn't really want a Cap & Gown picture, but we did one anyway for their parents & grandparents. We still do one of those traditional ones for them, too, but with the new style the Cap & Gown pictures are just as fun as the other Senior Pictures and today's Seniors love them. Here's what we recommend for your Cap & Gown Session:
1) Schedule early - especially if your school allows you to submit your own yearbook photo. Give the photographer plenty of time to process your images and give yourself plenty of time to choose before the deadline. The best time for all Senior Pictures is in June, but this especially true for your Cap & Gown Session.
2) Wear a classic dress or suit to the studio to go under your Cap & Gown. Black and white are always good choices, but so is an outfit in your school colors. You don't want your outfit to clash with your robes.
3) Bring a fun, casual outfit too. You might want to change about 1/2 way through your session to have some variety to choose from. Part of what makes today's images so much more engaging is that they have an element of surprise and fun thrown in!
4) Wear your class ring. If you have a ring be sure and wear it to your photography sessions so that it can be incorporated into the images.
5) Bring your favorite thing. Whether it's a football, clarinet or pompoms, you'll want to personalize your pictures with your favorite activities.
6) Be sure to remember your dress shoes and casual shoes and any jewelry or accessories you want to wear.
7) Pay extra attention to your hair, nails, makeup, shave, etc - yes, it will show in the photo.
And, most of all . . .
8) Have fun! If you are having a good time your pictures will look better than if you aren't.
This summer our studio is doing a special Senior '17 promotion just for Cap & Gown Pictures. A $17 Session Fee and Packages starting at just $17 with 17 poses to choose from. There are three dates available, all on Tuesdays, June 7th, July 12th & August 2nd. If you haven't scheduled your Cap & Gown Session, call us today!